Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Pros and Cons of Teleportation

Cheers!

I just wanted to say again how ecstatic I am that everyone is reading and commenting in my blog. I never imagined that it would get the response that it has and what an incredible way to keep in touch with all of you.

Yesterday Jeff and I took a much deserved break and headed to Bondi Beach for the day. It was absolutely beautiful. I forgot how much I missed the Ocean since vacations in NC and stepping onto the beach brought all of those wonderful memories back. It's unreal how a simple beach can make you feel less homesick. It was a hot one, 27 degrees, Celcius that is! And don't worry Krissy, we were sure to slip slap slop...as the Australians like to say (Slip on a shirt, slop on the sunscreen, and slap on a hat) You don't go anywhere around here without covering yourself in at least 30 sunscreen. We met up with a guy that we had met in the IEP office and before we knew it we were hanging out with a bunch of different Americans from all over the states.

After a long day in the sun we relaxed and shared a bottle of wine in the courtyard of our building before heading out with our first office friend, Nick from New Orleans, to a bar called 3 Wise Monkeys. Good conversation was shared by all and Nick verbalized what we all were thinking: that we were thankful to have met each other, we already knew we connected in a great way, and besides being fun to hang out with, we now had someone's place to crash at on the beach!

Today was another lazy day. We're going to hit up the IMAX tonight...not the shark one though! We're thinking of going on a surfing trip in the next couple weekends where they spend the weekend teaching you how to surf, so the less I think about sharks, the better. Tomorrow morning (Monday) we start our big job search. Still unclear on exactly what I want, but I'll be happy with whatever. Australians are the kindest people I have ever crossed paths with...and believe it or not, their relaxed ways are starting to rub off on me!

Jackie- I'm so happy that you're reading this and your comments are really brightening my day. How's Big Lar? I don't want to email Molly if things are really bad right now. I hope everyone in Wisconsin is doing well and I miss you like crazy. I've been showing off your shirt all around Sydney, you'd be proud.

Julie- What email addresses should I use to email you and Dacey? Tell him that I miss him and that I've already written in the journal he got me a bunch, and I miss you too. I love your comments, as usual you inspire me and really encapsulate the important ideas in so few words.

Rob- What email address should I use to email you? I keep listening to the song you put on my ipod. It takes me back to the sleepless nights where you and I would stay up late drinking coke, eating doritos, and watching whatever crazy movie you told me would be amazing till 4 in the morning...and it always was amazing

Pattikins- I miss you like crazy and wish I could im you...but we're on totally different schedules here...when you're at work I'm asleep...we need to figure something out. You need to get onto im at home after work or something...because I miss just chatting with you, especially the way you always type be good at the end of every conversation...I saw baby sully in the email Terry and Krissy sent me...how exciting...Jeff and I were just talking last night about how amazing it is that that little person is half you and half Krissy...Marriage is the symbolic merging of two people...but creating a life together...that's the literal coming together of two souls...I cannot wait.

Wish me luck on the job search...Hopefully when I find one and get more settled in I'll be on more of a schedule and able to correspond more often.

-Mary

PS- Tim Tams: They are the best biscuit I've ever tasted! (Biscuit = cookie) I'm stuffing tons of them in my suitcase and bringing them back to the states...they are incredible

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mary! I am posting anonymously because I am too lazy to sign up for a blog account at the moment (this is Liz by the way)...I got your email and am so glad that you made it. I'm sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. When all of this blogging nonsense started a couple of years back I promised myself that I wouldn't fall victim to the online journaling (much like I am avoiding facebook), but I guess I'll have to make the exception for you. Just know what a sacrifice this is!! :) It's so strange not being able to pick up the phone and give you a call. After I got your email I started missing you so I listened to the Stereofuse CD and was laughing out loud. Luckily, I was alone so no one thought I was crazy. But, I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you...
Anyway, not much is new around here. I would make you proud with how long I can go each night without doing anything of substance. This graduation thing is strange (especially when everyone else is off doing homework!!). I am attempting to plan a trip to Spain in June to visit a friend of mine from high school that lives there. I can't stress enough how annoying finding flights can be! I look up different stuff just about every night and ten minutes later have no idea what I just spent the last two hours doing. Oh well, like I have some better way to spend my time!
Okay, since I don't have anything to say, I'll stop typing now. I apologize if anyone else read this nonsense, I really don't have anything exciting to talk about! But believe me when I say that when something exciting happens, I'll type it up and send it on. Mary, perhaps you've already posted your address (I have to admit I haven't read all of your posts) so I'll look for it now. If you haven't, please do so ASAP. Not that I have anything exciting to send, but just in case I find something.
Jeff, I'm sure that you have your own blogspot but I don't know what it is right now. Just want to say hello and glad you both got there safe and sound.
Good luck to both of you on the job search. Keep me posted!

Love ya,
Liz

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz again...
I know that i just posted a "blog" that was far too long since there was no point, but this had to be mentioned.
So, I'm in my room on the 3rd floor, minding my own business and what do I hear??? "STORM, COME, NOW!!" Yes, moving a block away could not prevent Pontizzle from making us laugh (at him, not with him mind you).

Thought you'd like to know....
Love ya,
Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home