Sunday, January 30, 2005

Felicity...Velicity?

Just wanted to check in the last time I can while on my native soil.

L.A. has been a lot of fun. It's amazing how connected it is in my mind to Rob. Everything I see reminds me of him in some way or a story that he's told. I guess it will always remain in my mind as Rob's place.

Thursday night when we got in I was absolutely exhausted...getting only an hour and a half of sleep the night before didn't help anything. So Jeff and Sean went out and I crashed hard core. The next day I was lambasted for not joining them out...apparently it would have been easier to get into whatever party they were attempting if a girl had been with them, oh well, I needed the sleep. We planned on spending the day walking around Hollywood and Rodeo Drive but it started to pour out of nowhere...So we walked into the Grove for lunch (this cool little place that's been there forever and has a million different places to eat: I had some brazillian bbq) and then we went and saw Hotel Rwanda. It was amazing and it was powerful and I'm so glad I saw it before I left because odds are it won't be coming to Sydney for a very long time.

That night we went out to a bar called Birds- a take off of Alfred Hitchcock's movie. It was a cool place and we got to meet Stanley and John, a couple of Sean's friends.

We did the Hollywood tour thing yesterday. It was a beautiful day and it was filled with lots of interesting people watching. Krissy, we walked by the same place you and I had gotten our palms read the last time we were out here...remember mine said "There is a love interest in your future, but it won't happen for a long time, until you're ready to let it happen". I felt like dropping in on her and saying, hey look, I finally let it happen...and now we're off to Australia together! Last night we went to a really awesome restaurant for dinner. It was delicious and it was so nice to have a great dinner out here that we could treat Sean to. Thank you Dad, it was so good! After that we went to some other casual bar...I don't remember the name and hung out there for the remainder of the night. I can never get over how many women out here have boob jobs...it pretty ridiculous.

Today we're off to Mulholland Drive to check out the view...hope nothing weird happens that involves little people dancing into blue cubes and shit.

Oh yeah, and I got my token pseudo celebrity siting here in L.A. (I'm known for spotting no name actors that nobody else really knows ex: Maria from Saved by the Bell the New Class, creepy guy that gives Erin Brockovich secret information in that bar, Hunter from the 80's crime fighting cop drama) I saw the annoying guy from Felicity...the one that lived on Felicity's floor that always gave Noel a hard time...if you know who I'm talking about I'm very glad, because no one else does.

Anyway, that's all for now. Just wanted to let all of you know that I love you and I'll be in touch when we finally get into Sydney. Being the geniuses that Jeff and I are, we didn't realize just how long our layover in New Zealand was until yesterday...it's about 7 hours! Oh well, it's all about the adventure right?

"I'm moving off. I'm packing up. I'm willing to be wrong."

-Mary

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
It's Mom. I'm sorry I missed your call last night. Darn that Privacy mgr., but I actually wasn't home anyway. It was really tough hearing your voice again from L.A.on Sun. night so it might be just as well I missed yoyr call and Dad is out of town. So good to hear all you did in L.A. This diary is going to be great. Hope that you are finally getting some good sleep. Soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home