Monday, February 21, 2005

Starting...Now

"And before I have a chance to really feel like her daughter again, we're already saying goodbye."

It shouldn't be called homesickness.
It sounds so childish.
Too much Ira Sleeps Over...it trivializes the entire thing.
It's the emptiness that's consuming, an absence from the people that remind you of who you are along with what you love about the world...

Wednesday through Friday

You wouldn't have known.
I didn't tell you, I didn't tell anyone.

Just sat quietly for a few hours, or days

I needed that time.

This is not a vacation.
This is also not my HOME.

I didn't realize that until I woke up Wednesday morning.
And I needed until Friday night to figure out what I want this to be for me.

Now, let's go have an amazing weekend that reminds me of why you're the only one who drags me kicking and screaming through fast dreams...

-Dotes

4 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Amy Boyd said...

I have a friend who spent 6 months in London when she was 21. She is 31 now and taking a trip back there with her husband this May. She's been wanting to return for so long... I bet it'll be strange to return and remember everything. Makes me think of you... So this weekend I've started painting the kitchen, w/ help from my sister. It's no longer pink! I'm doing this canvas technique. Oh!! We finished season 2 this weekend... It was so sad & very cool at the same time. I loved the end!! with the music, the long walk w/ no rain coat, and then putting his hands in his pockets. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Praying4You said...

Hi, I am sad that you sound lonely. Mary, please remember that when you come back home to the states, you will most probably long for the country you are in right now. That is the very strange thing about we human beings. We seldom are satisfied or content with the present moment. I wish we (I) could be more satisfied. When you come back to the states, you will wonder why you were ever homesick and you will be homesick for Australia because it will have captured a part of your heart.
I think that I made a new West Wing fan last night. I watched 3 episodes of it with Krissy and Pat. I believe Krissy is hooked and will be borrowing Jeff's first season. I particularly showed them the episode of Josh with the psychologist who diagnosed him with post-traumatic stress syndrome because I thought it was sooo well acted.
I checked on airfare availability today at Dad's prompting. I am really dealing with the long trip, but Dad will not hear of that stopping us... Today, I checked fares from April 28 to May 12th. I'll keep you posted. I miss hearing from Jeff and I understand that he picks who can read his blog, so tell him to e-mail me and say hello.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Mary,
This is your journey, feel every second, cherish every moment, the good with the bad.
missing you, in dreary old Chicago.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Dancing Butterfly said...

Fast dreams are often times the ones that don't have a story or a direction-just a feeling. Every artist/author needs these uncontrolable-untamed experiences to harbor inside them and grow a twin. That way if it lives there for a while- maybe just Wednesday through Friday- it can be stared down and later documented.
If knowledge is power-then you have ther strength inside you that can match the Air force, Navy, and the Army. Peace.
Buckets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home