Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Park Patriots! Red, White and Blue!

Since Jeff has recently taught me how to post pictures on my blog I thought I'd take this opportunity to show everyone that those jerk judges from 7th grade were wrong. I would have made a damn good cheerleader...and just in case you're wondering, Nick and Liz, that is yet another Wisconsin shirt.




We've arrived in Perth after our three day train adventure.

It was a complete success.

The first night was a little shaky given a few snorers, a man that Jeff was convinced was dying and a few parents who let their kids run wild (I do not think your child is as cute as you do. I know, I know, I'm going to be an aunt very soon, but my nieces and nephews will be well behaved!).

But the second day we snuck onto a more secluded car and despite a strange French girl that felt it was her right to stake claim to 6 seats, the next night sleep was much better.

Less than a week until we fly home. And although the train ride offered a good amount of time to reflect, the conflict of emotion is constant. But more on that later. Right now I'm focusing on remaining in the present and enjoying our last few days here.

I find I can't write much more than that, or I'll lose focus.

If you happened to get a call from Jeff and I a few days ago, where the hell were you? We made 9 phonecalls and none of you picked up! It's our last ditch effort to use up the minutes on our phonecard. Prepare yourself for another round, and pick up.

Molly, did you get the message I sent you on im the other day? Make it happen.

Prego ladies, how're you holding up in 100 degree weather?

Julie, the threats are real. I better see you soon.

And that's about it. After a day spent savoring a meat pie and exploring this new lovely city, it's almost time for a nap.

PS-

While we were in Adelaide I found a little shop with two different shirts that I really liked. Normally I would hem and haw about making a decision and in the end just buy both (how often do I shop?)

I walked out of that store with only one. I blame Jeff for this. He's finally rubbing off on me.

10 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, I told her she looked good in both.

And secondly, that man on the train was dying. You can't fake 4am emphysema like that, you just can't. There were also screaming three year olds, but I shall refrain from more complaints -- the ride was great.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missy was so bummed to have missed your call!! She talked about it all weekend! Even at her party, she was telling everyone that she missed a call from you and was so MAD!
Everyone here is eagerly awaiting your return. Enjoy the last few days!!
Love you, Love, Jay

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger SES said...

mary, first-time poster, long-time reader (okay, maybe only once or twice)...

PJHS: the best! can you hear it echoing in the bleachers? and mr. battle screaming "too close!!" during a Boyz II Men song at FNL?

good ole patriots.

sounds like you're having an absolute wonderful time. when are you coming home exactly?

it's sarah skerrett, btw.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, you say you made 9 calls? hmmm that's interesting. I know Herbert called looking for a date with Molly. And it seems if you are pregnant you get phone calls, SISTERS and everything - yet my answering machine remains flashing '0'. Nine calls? Really? Well.. see you next week a I guess.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger fleetwm13 said...

Congratulations Amy and Rob! I'm so sorry the connection was so bad and I hung up on you...I can't believe I missed hearing the news! I'm so excited for a niece (I bet Jeff that you guys were going to have a girl, I just had a feeling). I cannot wait to get back and see the ultrasound pictures and just catch up with you guys. So soon! (No worries about the pink room, as long as she runs as a Democrat)

SES, we're home August 1st. I still love Boys II Men, let's get together when we get home for some drinks and we can sing a few verses of "Fist Ball"

Jess, it wasn't my fault! Jeff said he had just talked to you a few days before, and since he hadn't spoken to Molly in almost 3 months that was why he tried her. But we will be happy to make prank phone calls to you pretending to be strange men anytime, now that we know you're open to it.

Just a few days!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"play it with your wrist ball!"

that was a classic.

I'll be in DC til the 3rd of August, but would love to get together...

are you back in LG? the dt condo?!

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, I didn't even have to squint to know that was a Wisco shirt. x

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What number Wisconsin shirt is that? I've lost track since the original "long sleeve" one. Do you get a discount for buying in bulk? Inquiring minds would like to know.

xoxo

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seldomly rant, but I must say that I have completely no idea how I ended up on yoru site with the search term baby nursery design idea. Strange land this cyberspace. Happy blogging.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site on x man character Check out my Penis Enlargement Review

 

Post a Comment

<< Home